Buy A Cheap Domain From GoDaddy
GoDaddy is another good company for registering your domains. GoDaddy has been in the market for a long time, and they provide quality service. We advise using them only for buying your domain – but avoid their hosting services due to a number of technical reasons. GoDaddy offers excellent short-term promos, good service, and they have an orderly interface.
With GoDaddy, you also need to register your account first.
- Find the Sign In button and the top and click Create My Account.
- Fill in your information.
- After you register and confirm your account, you can search for your preferred domain name.
- If the domain is available, press Continue To Cart.
- We advise you skip the “upsell” offers and click Continue To Cart at the bottom.
- At the next screen, you need to choose the Term of your domain (how many years you want this domain to be active). For now, choose 1 Year (there is an option to renew later).
- Now search on Google for GoDaddy Promo Codes. A good promotion may allow you to register your domain for $1-3.
- If you are first time customer, you can use their most popular promo code: CJCRMN99U.
- Click on Have a Promo Code? and put the code. This will reduce the price of your domain to $1.17. Note: If you want to register another domain at GoDaddy with the same account and the same promo code, this promotion is not applicable.
- Once your domain is registered and activated, you need to connect it with your hosting using its nameservers (we will explain this more thoroughly in the next lesson when you will configure your hosting).
- However, if you already have your hosting, here’s how you can connect it with your domain…
- At the GoDaddy homepage, find your username at the top and click on My Products.
- Next to your domains, you can find the DNS button.
- In the Nameservers area, choose Custom nameserver type and put your nameservers that you’ll get from your hosting.
- Click on Save (You may also need to wait up to 24 hours for the DNS servers to update and connect with your hosting).
At this point, your job for the domain configuration using GoDaddy is DONE!
In this lesson, we have taught you how to buy and set up your domain. Also, we told you how to purchase a cheap domain and how to save a few dollars by using the promo codes that from the recommended domain companies (Namecheap and GoDaddy). We have also provided an extra tip for advanced users who want to use an expired domain.
The main takeaway from this lesson: We highly recommend buying a domain from NameCheap!
Now move to the next lesson for hosting additional topic.