Table of Content
- Configuring and Installing the Tracking Code
- Installing the code on a WordPress site (no-coding approach)
- Overview of the Heatmap Tracking Dashboard
Configuring and Installing the Tracking Code on Your Website
There are a few simple steps to get the WebMaxFormance Heatmap Tracking Code onto your website:
- Log into your heatmap tracking profile using the heatmap.webmaxformance.com link and the login credentials you got in your email after registering for the software
- Create a Project for the website you want to track
- Copy the Tracking Code after the system sets you up with a Project
- Find the Header file, and just above the </head> tag, paste the code
- That’s it. You’re done. To make sure the code is on the site, you may want to Check Source Code and search for heatmap.
- Go back to your Heatmap Tracking dashboard on heatmap.webmaxformance.com and start tracking visitors in real time.
Tracking a WordPress Website (no file-edits approach)
To install the heatmap tracking code on a WordPress website, you can use a widget placed in the Header or Footer area, depending on the theme you’re using. Don’t put the Text widget in a sidebar if your website has a homepage that does not use a Sidebar because then you will not be able to track the activity on any of the non-sidebar pages.
For any extra info or assistance (or just to say HI), please use the contact form below: